Print
Hits: 3821


The name  SHIMONI was given by Indian traders  who first settled on Shimoni island  in the southern part of Mombasa.

In 1931 the Uganda railway reached Kampala with it came the Indians and when the work was complete some remained to trade and they settled in a place in Kampala and  named it SHIMONI  in memory of the place they once lived in

Shimoni Core PTC started in 1952 as a Teachers’ Training College, located off Nile Avenue. In 1996 it became a Core PTC, in charge of coordinating centres in Mukono, Kayunga, Wakiso and Kampala. Following its relocation in 2006, students were sent to St John Bosco Nyondo Core PTC campus in Mbale.


On 5th - Jan- 2011  the new site located at Kira town council was commissioned by 
Hon Geraldine  Namirembe Bitamazire   Minister of education and sports.